Old Town Albuquerque
Historic Old Town has been the heart of Albuquerque since the city was founded here in 1706 by a group of Spanish families. The settlers organized their new town in the traditional Spanish colonial way, with a central plaza anchored by a church.
When the original adobe church collapsed after the long, rainy summer of 1792, they rebuilt, and in 1793, San Felipe de Neri Parish was completed. Despite centuries of change, the Albuquerque Old Town plaza remains the center of Albuquerque Tourism. Most of Albuquerque’s museums, attractions, restaurants and tours are located in Old Town Albuquerque.
Visit the Old Town Albuquerque App website to see an “Introduction to Old Town” and find discounts and deals on tours, restaurants and attractions.